Created in the Hungry Monk Restaurant in the village of Jevington, East Sussex.
225 g digestive biscuits
120g melted butter
397g tin of Nestle Carnation Caramel
300ml pot of double cream
- Put the digestive biscuits in a freezer plastic bag, hold ends and bash until crumbs
- Add melted butter, mix together and press into the base of a fluted edged loose bottom flan tin (press down with the back of a teaspoon). Refrigerate for 30-60 mins.
- Spread caramel over the biscuit base and put thinly sliced bananas all over it.
- Whip double cream until firm and spreadable consistency and top on top of pie with a palette knife.
- Not vital but some powdered cocoa on top looks great.